Monday, August 2, 2010

4th Day Katherine

Nanny & I went to a place called Edith Falls (Leliyn - local speek) today. It is about 43kms north of Katherine and 18kms in from the main road. What a spectacular place. Set in the hills I dunno how anyone would find it originally.



We walked the loop from the lower pool up a friggin' great mountain to the top pools. It was a struggle with nanny puffin' like an old steam engine, but it was worth it. Absolutely mind blowing. The scenery is just beautiful. people swimming in the pools and laying around under the shade of the Pandanas Palms. (Bloody shits of things grow wild up here and we've been trying to grow them for years).


I took the photo above from a lookout on the top of the ranges and the upper pools are about half a kilometer away, so you get some idea of how big they are. There's about four levels of pools and people are swimming in the top three. I s'pose you can swim in the others, ya just have to climb down to them.


After a bit more gruntin' and fartin' we made it back down the other side of the friggin' hill and back to the kiosk for a well deserved steak burger and cold drink.
If you ever get the chance, this place is a must!!!

On the road again tomorrow, on the way to Darwin. It'll probably take us a couple of days to get there, so I'll update when we arrive. There's heaps to do in and around Darwin so look forward to more experiences from the old farts.




No comments: