Monday, July 26, 2010

Kununarra

Well here we are again.
I've been having troubles with the internet. Dunno what the problem was but it seems to be ok now, except I'm still having trouble uploading photos, so you'll have to wait for them.


First day here I went out to the Hoochery. It's th longest running LEGAL distillery in Western Australia.
Brilliant little family business and they make Rum, Cane Spirit and a very nice Aniseed Liquer. Guess what I bought.


Next day we went out to the Argyle dam with Lynn & Bob and had a look around. Bloody spectacular. What an achievement. Big lumps of rock holding back shit loads of water. Had a nice lunch down the bottom of the wall in a beautiful little picnic area. The bird life was great and some of the cheeky little buggers would come right up to within a couple of feet to get a bit of bread.
On the way out from the dam we visited the Durack Homestead. It was from the original pioneers from the area and before they flooded the dam the homestead was moved rock, by rock and re-constructed on it's new site. Great piece of history.

Next day we went to Mirima National Park and walked some of the trails. The big one took it's toll on Nanny and we cut it a little short from the top, but the scenery was spectacular.


Caught up with Kate & Kieth again. They're off on the way to Darwin as well, so I'm sure we'll meet them up the track again.


Tomorrow we are on the way to Katherine, so we'll be off the air again for a few more days.


Keep looking for more updates in the near future.

No comments: