Tomorrow we're off again, on the way south to 'The Alice'.
I've been reminded that I didn't include the photo of the bloke from Adelaide River Railway Museum that looks like my dad, so here it is. Spooky eh!
Since the last blurb we went to the East Point Military Museum and caught up with all the history of Darwin during WWII. They were bombed 64 times and lost about 240 people. Like I said previously, it's a pity they don't teach more of it in school. The major part of the shore defense was from two 9.2" canons mounted in huge concrete bunkers. These babies could lob a shell about 27kms and hit what they were aiming at 3 out of 5 times. Other stuff used were 25 pounders and Bofors anti-aircraft guns. The pics below are the 25lb'er and the 9.2" Gun.
Christene, Jackson & Leony came up to visit Lynn & Bob for 5 days and Nanny went off to the Mindel Markets with the girls, while Bob & I stayed home and enjoyed a tube or two. Nanny took some shots of the sunset over Mindel Beach.
One day I'll teach her how to hold the camera straight. The boat isn't really going up hill here.
Well tomorrow we're off again and will stop at Pine Creek overnight, and then move on southwards from there, so we'll be off the air for a couple more days. Catch when we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment